Volunteering at Cayenne Wellness Center
There are many ways to make a difference. Cayenne Wellness Center has a variety of volunteer activities which you may be interested in.
Here are the following areas that your talents can serve:
1. Volunteer Director. Works 20 hours a week. Makes sure all volunteer positions are filled (more)
2. Unveil Sickle Cell Project. Volunteers needed July - December to assist with mailings, assisting at the various activities during the month of September (more)
3. Machao Orphanage Foundation. Volunteers needed for fundraising by sending out email blasts, contacting primary and secondary schools, (more)
- maintains a database of volunteers and providers (i.e., Universities, churches, sororities, fraternities, etc.)
- conducts orientation and training
- maintain a volunteer roster of those who have served and how many hours, which events, etc.
- in charge of yearly volunteer appreciation banquet
- assist with mailings (stuffing)
- manning the literature and sign in table at each event during the month of September
- must go through a brief training (3 hours) to ensure accurate sickle cell information while engaging with the community
- assist with fundraising efforts by sending out email blasts, Facebooking and other social media platforms
- contact primary and secondary schools for purposes of fundraising