Cayenne Wellness Center Launches Free Mental Health and Wellness Services for persons diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease in California
What is the new CA Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) Mental Health and Wellness Initiative?
- Mental Health Counseling
- Health Coaching
- Holistic Health Consultation
Who are the providers?
We have listened and made sure the compassionate counselors, coaches, and consultants who are committed to sickle cell and your well-being.
Who can participate in the CA SCD Mental Health and Wellness Program services?
The California SCD Mental Health and Wellness Initiative were explicitly created for California residents over 16 years old living with sickle cell disease. Licensed professionals specializing in individual counseling, health coaching, and holistic health will provide the services.
How would I know if this Initiative is right for me?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, this initiative was created with your specific needs in mind and is suitable for you.
1. Do you need someone to talk to? Feeling isolated, depressed, or anxious?
2. Are you interested in learning about healthy foods that taste great and are right for your body?
3. Want to eat healthier and be more active yet you need a little assistance to stick with your program?
How much does the program cost?
It’s FREE. $0. Yes, you read those words correctly. The program is free to persons diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease and who live in California.
I’m interested, where do I register to receive counseling, health coaching, or holistic health consultation services?
If you are looking for counseling, coaching, or a holistic health consultant, please get in touch with your regional Community Health Worker (CHW). Your CHW will fill out a referral form with you and pass along your information to the provider. The provider will contact you in a few days to schedule your first appointment.
- CHW San Diego – Bryan – firstname.lastname@example.org; (619)548-5563
- CHW Orange County – Coming soon. For now, email email@example.com.
- CHW Inland Empire – Maxine – Maxine.Ortega.Cayennewellness@gmail.com; (909)377-8896
- CHW Los Angeles – Daishanee – D.Hatchett.firstname.lastname@example.org; (323)679-3455
- CHW Central CA – Shanti – email@example.com; (559)916-5491
- CHW Northern CA – Hope – firstname.lastname@example.org;(916)407-8459
Our overall goal at Cayenne Wellness Center and Children’s Foundation is to make sure that you live mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually well with sickle cell. We developed this initiative for you, and we hope that you will take advantage of the services offered and be sure to tell a friend. Also, don’t forget to check out the other programs we offer to individuals living with sickle cell and their families.
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. Click here for fact sheet.