RFA: Sickle Cell Disease Hospital Patient Advisory Board Application
Cayenne Wellness Center invites adult patients diagnosed with sickle cell disease, age 21 and over, to have a seat at the table – to become a hospital advisory board member at a California hospital.
Download the application materials
Since the year 2000, Cayenne Wellness Center has collaborated with hospitals throughout California to improve care and follow evidenced-based guidelines for the management and treatment of sickle cell disease. This program is a novel approach to facilitate the voices of sickle cell disease awareness and advocacy – in the room where much happens, a seat at the table where the development of hospital policies and practices begins.
Cayenne Wellness Center seeks to select eleven (11) patients diagnosed with sickle cell disease throughout California as a Hospital Patient Advisory Board member at a major hospital. The applicant must be:
- Over 21 years of age and diagnosed with sickle cell disease, any phenotype (SS, SC, Beta Thalassemia, etc)
- Must be a high school
- Must have a reliable car, a valid driver’s license, and current auto
- Must live within 25 miles of the hospital you desire to be a Patient Hospital Advisory Board
- Must be able to commit at least 5 -7 hours a month for one
Deadline & Technical Assistance
Due Date: The due date for applications is November 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm (PST). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Each completed application should be sent to: Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with two attachments titled: Cover Letter and Letter of Support/Letter of Reference AND a four-minute video explaining why you should be selected.
Technical Assistance: A technical assistance webinar will be held on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 6:00 pm. Email email@example.com your full name and the hospital you’re interested in becoming a Patient Hospital Advisory Board member. Subject line to read: Technical Assistance for SCD PHABM. You will then be forwarded a link to the webinar.
Training and Development
- Selected applicants must be available to participate in monthly training and development meetings, hospital board meetings, and one-on-one meetings with the project
- Selected applicants are required to attend the following monthly meetings: training and development meeting with the project manager, project lead, and all applicants (2 hours); hospital board meetings at the hospital you will be assigned to (approximately 2 hours); and one-on-one meeting with your project manager (1 hour)
- Selected applicants will be required to present board meeting updates during the monthly training and development
Hospitals in California
We will be selecting applicants that reside in the following areas: San Diego, Loma Linda, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Fresno, and Sacramento. Additional cities and hospitals will be added at a later time.
- San Diego – two applicants for the following hospitals: Scripps Health (1) and UC San Diego Health (1)
- Loma Linda – one applicant for the following hospital: Loma Linda Medical Center (1)
- San Bernardino – one applicant for the following hospital: Community Hospital of San Bernardino (1)
- Los Angeles – three applicants for the following hospitals: Cedar Sinai (1),
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (1), and Huntington Hospital (1)
- Fresno – two applicants for the following hospitals: St. Agnes Medical Center (1) and
- Community Regional Hospital (1)
- Sacramento – one applicant for the following hospital: UC Davis Medical Center (1) and Sutter Medical Center (1)
- Oakland – one applicant for the following hospital: UCSF Benioff (1)
Thank you. All the best to those applying.