Cayenne Wellness Center is excited to present the first of three mini-seminars about the Brain and Executive Function in Sickle Cell Disease
November 21, 2020
11 AM – 1:30 PM PST
Through 3 separate talks, this seminar series will focus on the medical (neurological/developmental), neuropsychological, behavioral, and educational aspects of the neurocognitive complications of sickle cell disease to raise awareness in patients and providers about these challenges.
Our goal is to help raise awareness about the neurocognitive challenges associated with sickle cell disease so that patients, parents, and their families will be able to recognize these issues earlier in life, actively discuss their concerns with their providers in an informed manner, and advocate for necessary treatments and services.
You will learn:
- The role of executive function in child and adult development
- Why and how sickle cell disease can impact executive function
- Diagnostic and treatment options available for executive dysfunction
- Cognitive challenges associated with sickle cell disease, such as ADHD, learning disabilities, and language disorders
We look forward to having you join us during these mini-seminars. Mark your calendars for the others taking place in 2021:
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 11 am – 1:30 pm PST
- Saturday, May 22, 2021 from 11 am – 1 pm PST